US President Barrack Obama’s grandmother, Mama Sarah Obama, has vowed to cook a traditional meal for her grandson when he visits Kenya on July 25.

Addressing journalists in Nairobi after meeting Nairobi Governor, Dr Evans Kidero, Mama Sarah who was speaking in dholuo said  it doesn’t matter whether Obama is a President  or not but he must eat her food.


  • “With regards to what food I will prepare for Barack on his visit, I will prepare all the traditional food available,” Mama Sarah said.


She said that she will prepare dishes including fish, chicken and maize porridge.


  • “It does not matter whether Barack is a Senator or a President. He will have what I have prepared for him,” She said.


The US President, who has Kenyan roots, is expected to tour Kenya on July 25.

Obama's late father, Hussein Obama, was born in Kogelo and grew up there before travelling abroad to study, where he met Obama's American mother in Hawaii.


The Kenyan DAILY POST

Post a Comment

 
Top